Events at Khel Mahakumbh 2013
Khel Mahakumbh organzies following format for the game. These formats are played from
taluka level to District Level.
- Under 16 Boys
- Under 16 Girls
- Above 16 Men's
- Above 16 Women's
In India, the All India Football Federation is the governing body for Football. 1951-1962 is usually considered as the "golden phase" of Indian football with the Indian team winning gold medals in football in the 1951 and 1952 Asian Games and finishing fourth at the 1956 Olympics in Melbourne. In January 2011, India participated in the Asian Cup after a period of 24 years, but the team was knocked out in the group stage.
In Gujarat, Gujarat State Football Association is the governing body for football in the state and the Gujarat football team represents the state in the Santosh trophy.
Current FIFA ranking of Indian football team, nicknamed Blue Tigers, is 145 and Sunil Chhetri is the captain of the team.
There are eleven to eighteen players in each team.
- One of these players is the goalkeeper.
- Goalkeepers can defend the ball with their hands within the jurisdiction of their respective goal areas.
- Other players can use various parts of their body but cannot use their arms or hands.
- A referee is present and his decision is final.
- Two assistant referees are also present.
- The pitch for international matches is about 110 yards in length and about 70 yards in width.
- The goal posts are there on either side of the field and the area around the goal post is called the penalty area.
- A football match has two periods which are 45 minutes each in duration.
- Between the two halves of a football game, there is a 15 minutes break time.
- The referee maintains a record of the time for the match.
- Allowances for the time can be made if time is lost due to interruptions, disturbances etc.
- The gear consists of shorts, a T-shirt, socks, sports shoes and shin guards.
- Many modern day players choose to wear a head gear too.
- Players should not wear any ornaments or watches during the match, as this may injure the player or other players.
- The goalkeeper should wear clothing slightly different from the rest of the team players so that he can be distinguished easily.
Spherical and made of leather or another suitable material.
Help in the handling of the ball.
Consists of two upright posts joined at the top by a horizontal crossbar (2.44m by 7.32m – 8yds by 8ft). The goal is placed on the centre of each goal line.
Protection for shins players. Shin guards are part of the compulsory equipment for players and must be completely covered by socks.
Shirts, shorts and socks are worn in the team colours. Each goalkeeper wears colours that distinguish him from the other players, the referee and the assistant referees.
Soccer boots may have studs or cleats across the sole.